Category: Facilities Maintenance
Location: Bridgeport WV
Job Title: Facilities Maintenance/General Laborer
Job Posted: 06/01/2012
Job Length: Full Time
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
General Laborer will provide support for Citynet’s facilities maintenance, outside plant, field services, and engineering teams. Responsibilities also include cleaning floors, bathrooms, offices, glass and removing trash and recyclable items. Routine physical labor is required. Individual must be a team player and have a willingness to provide assistance in all maintenance areas. Electrical, Construction and Drywall experience a plus.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities to the position:
• Complete assigned building maintenance requests for all Citynet facilities.
• Provide physical labor assistance to all departments as requested.
• Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing or vacuuming.
• Gather and empty trash and recyclables from all offices/building and take to designated dumpster.
• Service, clean and supply all restrooms daily. Clean and sanitize floors, toilets and urinals.
• Clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
• Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
• Dust furniture, walls, machines, and equipment.
• Make adjustments and minor repairs to heating, cooling, ventilating, plumbing and electrical systems.
• Assist with keeping company vehicles clean.
• Move heavy furniture, equipment and supplies, either manually or by using hand trucks.
• Mow and trim lawns and shrubbery, using mowers and hand and power trimmers and also clear debris from grounds.
• Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
• Remove snow from sidewalks, driveways and parking areas prior to morning shift arrival, by using snowplows and snow shovels.
• Request supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
• Set up, arrange and remove decorations, tables, chairs, ladders and scaffolding to prepare facilities for events.
• Additional facility maintenance and cleaning duties as assigned.